Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gulf Shores, Alabama




20.07 Miles 2 Runs 2:15:03

1st Run
8.86 Miles 1:00:00 6:46 average per mile
148 HR average
9:15 am) upper 40's
b/a10/148

2nd Run
11.21 Miles 1:15:03 6:44 average per mile
145 HR average
6:20 pm) upper 50's
nb/800/56

Another good day of running. My only issue is the blister on
the bottom of my foot. It hurts! I think I will take the
morning off tomorrow and see how the afternoon run goes.
I have a new route picked out for tomorrow so I'm excited to
run it. It's around 5 miles or so each way.
Today I did the touristy things walked on the beach and picked
up sea shells and went to the souvenir shops. Having a fun time.
Weather has been great. Looks like it will get colder tomorrow
though. Still nice running temperature.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

So now that you have been doing the timed training for a few weeks and are in a rhythm with it are you going to incorporate some more specific training, like intervals, tempo, Zone 1 recovery??

Brad Poppele said...

I will keep doing what I'm doing for a couple more weeks. I will incorporate more hills soon. As I will probably be racing Dick Lytie at the end of March. Not sure what zone 1 would be for me. I don't know what zone I'm currently training at. I would guess zone 1 would be 130 HR? Not sure I can run that slow. It's harder for me to run slower like that, than at a little bit faster pace. As far as timed runs I think I will stick with them I like the concept better than running for mileage.