Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reforestation Ramble

10k trail race but was actually 5.6 Miles 37:37
2nd Place Overall
8:30 am) 50's sunny
Course was short but was well run and marked. The course
ran on single track and some double track. Some of the course
I mountain biked last Monday so I was familiar with it.
As far as my race I'm happy with it. I think I went out
too hard the first mile though. I was winded the rest
of the race and never got to get in a comfortable groove.
40 Miles for the week.

3 comments:

GZ said...

Congrats!

nwgdc said...

Great run! I gotta say, though...that would just simply BOTHER me if the course is short. It can't be THAT difficult to simply lengthen the start or finish chute...right?
(admittedly spoken by someone who has NEVER directed a race :)

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Guys!

nwgdc, I was a bit bothered by the course being short. They easily could have lenghened the course. They said at the start it was approx. 10k so I guess that was their way of saying it was short.
Nice job on your 30 mile training run. The North Face 50k is going to be a piece of cake for you.