Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fox River Trail

12 Miles 1:30:25 7:32 average per mile
7:00 am) Rained at the start
145 HR average
Felt a bit tired and sore. I probably pushed a bit hard
on Thursday but it felt great to run fast. Ran with the
running club today. Next Saturday I'm doing a 4 mile
race that should be interesting. I have not done a shorter
race like that since last summer. I have done this race
the past 3 years so I wanted to keep the streak alive.
It's on a hilly course so not sure how fast I will be. I have
done zero speed work other than Thursdays run. I am
hoping to run 24:00 or under that's my goal but will
see. I plan on doing a couple mile repeats next week
just to get the feel for the faster pace.
So Monday I am starting my 12 week training plan for
my 50 mile trail run in October. I have done some
searching online for a program but have not found
anything I like. I guess I will just have to make up one
on my own. I think I will go with a 5 day schedule.
Something like this:
Monday- off
Tuesday- 6-8
Wednesday- 10-15
Thursday-6-8
Friday- off
Saturday- Long- building up to 35 mile range at peak
Sunday-Long, not as long as Saturday. 10-20 mile range
So my rest days are before and after my hard weekends.
I think that should work.
Any suggestions? I'm new at this. I have done 1 50k but
no 50 milers.

No comments: